Normally, water in everyday life is contained or flows in a predetermined manner. But when it goes elsewhere, or comes in a deluge such as a flood, it can quickly upend normal life, leaving behind a literal and figurative mess. A water restoration company like Maven Construction Group turns your home or business back to normal with a six-step water damage restoration process.
1. Call Maven Construction Group
Day or night, Maven Construction Group is ready to start the water damage restoration process when you call. Emergency water leaks and flooding can quickly come under control when our experienced team arrives at your home or business. The first step in returning life to normal is to conduct a water damage inspection of the property.
2. Water Damage Inspection
Our water damage inspection begins by checking for the source of the water. If the water leak or flood hasn’t stopped by the time our team arrives, the first action will be to stop the source. From there, an inspection will reveal areas and items that need repaired and/or replaced, not limited to:
- Ductwork; and
- HVAC systems.
Two key factors which determine this are class of water damage and category of water damage.
Class of Water Damage
- Class 1: Part of a room absorbs little moisture.
- Class 2: The entire room is affected, with carpeting and walls absorbing water.
- Class 3: This class is generally considered the worst damage as water absorbs up and into the walls, saturates most of the area, and may have come through the ceiling.
- Class 4: Damage in this class requires specialty drying, usually involving hardwood, stone, and concrete.
Category of Water Damage
- Category 1: The water causing damage came from a clean water source, such as a water supply line or toilet tank. Yet, if this water sits too long, it can devolve into Category 2 or 3 water.
- Category 2: Also called “grey water,” this water comes from a washing machine or dishwasher, containing detergents. Water from an overflowing toilet with contaminants is also in this category.
- Category 3: Considered grossly contaminated, this water contains pathogenic, toxigenic, or other harmful agents. Sewage and flood waters are considered Category 3 water.
3. Water Removal
Mold will begin to grow within 48 hours of a water damage event, making water removal in Gainesville crucial. Not only does this step remove the visible water, but we use moisture detectors, hygrometers, and infrared cameras to search out hidden pockets of water, such as behind walls and ceilings. If the water level is deep enough, submersible pumps may be used for water removal from the property.
4. Drying / Dehumidification
Proper drying and dehumidification is necessary to prevent dry rot and/or structural damage before repair and reconstruction begins. Depending on the severity of water damage, drying can take several weeks to complete.
An air mover lives up to its name, moving a large volume of air around the water damaged area, promoting quick drying.
Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air, reducing one of the three ingredients needed for mold and mildew growth.
These “scrub” the air, removing odors and particles associated with water damage and mildew smells.
5. Cleaning and Sanitizing
Part of water damage restoration in Gainesville, FL is cleaning and sanitizing not only the property itself, but also any belongings that were salvaged. Antimicrobial treatments are used for clothing, carpeting, drapery, and other fabric based materials to prevent bacterial growth. Hardwood flooring, vinyl products, studs and joists, and other durable, non-porous, and semi-porous materials can be cleaned with either common cleaning products or specialized products with detergents.
You might say the best is saved for last during emergency water restoration — the restoration itself. The amount of restoration necessary is dependent on the amount of damage sustained. Some properties only need a few new panels of drywall in one room, while others need complete reconstruction in many areas. Regardless of the degree of reconstruction needed in your home or business, contractors with Maven Construction Group will work diligently to return your home or business to its pre-damage condition. We also provide storage for your belongings during the restoration and reconstruction process.
Why Hire Maven Construction Group
It’s easy to think a shop vac and store-bought cleaning products will be enough to clean up water damage. But water damage cleanup is nuanced, and it presents hidden dangers such as contaminated water and property that is structurally weakened. Water restoration companies like Maven Construction Group are experienced and specially trained to systematically assess and restore a property safely. Our 24/7 service means the water damage to your home or business will quickly begin to disappear and return your life to normal.
If your home or business has suffered water damage from emergency water leaks, floods or other water events, contact the water restoration professionals at Maven Construction Group.