At Maven Construction Group, we are Certified Lead Abatement Contractors (100886-R-I-8391-10-00312) and a leading provider of lead paint abatement, lead paint removal and lead paint remediation services in Gainesville, Florida. We handle both small and large projects including residential houses, commercial buildings, government facilities and schools. Maven can provide a full scope of services to support any lead abatement and removal projects including abatement, containment, encapsulation, removal and disposal.
Federal law requires contractors who disturb painted surfaces in homes, child care facilities and schools built before 1978 to be certified and follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination. Always ask to see your contractor’s certification so that you can be sure your home and family are in good hands.
Our highly trained staff consists of the most technically-trained lead abatement professionals in the business. No matter what size of job, Maven Construction Group can successfully test and remove any lead based paints, coatings, and lead bearing components with a variety of techniques, such as:
- Mechanical lead paint removal (brushes, scrapers)
- Abrasive blasting paint removal
- Chemical stripping paint and coating removal
- Decontamination of lead dust with HEPA vacuum
- Abrasive blasting of tanks and exterior structures
- Transportation and disposal of lead contaminated soil
- Removal and replacement of lead bearing components
- Enclosure with a durable substance
- Encapsulation with a lead barrier compound
The Dangers of Lead
- Lead can affect children’s brains and developing nervous systems, causing reduced IQ, learning disabilities, and behavioral problems. Lead is also harmful to adults.
- Lead in dust is the most common way people are exposed to lead. People can also get lead in their bodies from lead in soil or paint chips. Lead dust is often invisible.
- Lead-based paint was used in more than 38 million homes until it was banned for residential use in 1978.
- Projects that disturb painted surfaces can create dust and endanger you and your family. Don’t let this happen to you.
Highly Trained Lead Abatement & Removal Professionals
Make sure your restoration and repair contractor is certified and can explain clearly the details of the job and how he or she will minimize lead hazards during the work. You can verify that a contractor is certified with the EPA’s Renovation, Repair & Painting Program or by calling the National Lead Information Center at 1 (800) 424-LEAD (5323).
The work practices the contractor must follow when dealing with lead-based paint include:
- Contain the work area. The area must be contained so that dust and debris do not escape from that area. Warning signs must be displayed and plastic or other impermeable material and tape must be used where appropriate.
- Avoid renovation methods that generate large amounts of lead-contaminated dust. Some methods generate so much lead-contaminated dust that their use is prohibited.
- Clean up thoroughly. The work area should be cleaned daily to keep it as clean as possible. When all of the work is done, the area must be cleaned using special cleaning methods before taking down any plastic that isolates the work area from the rest of the home.
Lead Abatement, Clean Up & Removal for North Central Florida
At Maven Construction Group, we provide a complete set of lead-related services for residential, commercial and industrial buildings of all kinds across North Central Florida, including Alachua County, Bradford County, Clay County, Columbia County, Gilchrist County, Levy County, Marion County and Union County.
Call Our Restoration Company Today to Discuss Your Lead Abatement Needs
Contact Maven Construction Group to learn more about our fast, reliable, and affordable lead abatement, lead clean-up & lead removal services and how we can help you keep your residential or commercial building healthy and safe.