Make Sure Your Home is Free of Mold & Water Damage
When people move to a new home the last thing they want is to have to deal with pesky repairs. Repairs will take more time, effort and money for water restoration and mold remediation services. The whole point of upgrading to a new home is to relax and enjoy it. But during the chaos of purchasing a home it is easy to overlook serious problems that will soon haunt you. Gainesville restoration specialists at Maven Construction Group share tips on what to look for before moving into a new home to avoid the disasters that are water and mold damage.
What to Look Out For in Your New Home
- Plumbing: When looking at your new kitchen, don’t just glance over the top, take a look at the plumbing underneath. Check for any leaks in the pipes, water damage to the walls or floor, and any particular humid and foul smells that could be a sign of mold.
- Vents: Examine every vent in the home and make sure that nothing is blocking the airflow, they are working properly, and that there is no damage or missing parts to them. Any cracks in the vent seals can cause water to seep through.
- Humidity: It is important to check that humidity in the house is at an appropriate level, especially in Florida where humidity is high even in winter. Check for wet stains on walls and ceilings that could potentially lead to severe damage, condensation on windows and stale odors. Air conditioning units help control humidity indoors so make sure that they are working correctly and are the appropriate size for the home.
- The Roof & Gutters: Any damaged or missing roof tiles could eventually lead to leaks. Gutters should be in good condition and free from any holes or cracks so they can direct the flow of water correctly.
- Drainage: It is sometimes hard to tell if the exterior of a home has good drainage, but poor drainage can lead to serious foundation issues. Check that pools of water don’t accumulate on the lawn and that there are no cracks in the foundation or exterior walls. Exterior walls should stay painted and well sealed. Also, minimize the amount of water sprayed onto walls from irrigation systems.
If water damage is left untreated it can cause mold to grow very quickly. Mold is not easily discovered but it can cause serious health problems and mold remediation can be costly. Apart from checking for the water damage signs listed above, it is crucial to have a home professionally inspected before purchasing and even once you’ve been living there to ensure that everything is in good shape. If water and mold damage is found in your home you might be able to file an insurance claim. Maven Construction Group will work directly with insurance companies to deliver an accurate claim. It is also a good idea to look through your home’s contract to see if anything is covered.
Water Restoration & Mold Removal in Gainesville, FL
Water damage can lead to severe structural issues as well as mold growth that can turn your dream home into a nightmare. If you have experienced any of these issues in your home you need not keep looking through water restoration companies in Gainesville, FL, to resolve your damages. At Maven Construction Group we are water restoration and mold removal specialists ready to help you get your home back. Contact us today and get help now!