Is it a Job for a Plumber or Gainesville Restoration Company?
When it comes to water leaks and other emergencies in your home, both plumbers and restoration companies work to repair the issue and prevent water damage. However, there are instances when a restoration company might be more suitable than a plumber and vice versa. At Maven Construction Group, we provide restoration of water damage Gainesville, FL, residents can trust.
Common Water Issues for Homeowners
- Leaking Pipes: Leaking or cracked pipes can happen quite often and if not taken care of can cost you a significant amount on your water bill and even cause water damage to floors and walls. However, water leak detection is fairly easy and quick to spot, as well as to resolve, so it is often a job more suitable for a plumber as long as there is no extensive damage.
- Clogged Drains: Clogged drains can cause water to spill over onto other areas, however, because it is easily noticed it will often be repaired before there is extensive water damage to the surrounding areas. A plumber would be the ideal choice for clogged drains.
- Leaking Shower Pan: Leaking shower pans are not easily detected and due to the constant flow of water it is easy for water to damage floors and walls. The excess moisture often causes mold growth in the bathroom as well. For water issues involving mold damage restoration, a restoration company should be contacted.
- Water Heater Burst: A water heater burst can release large amounts of water instantly, possibly flooding the surrounding areas and causing water damage. In this instance, a Gainesville restoration company would be necessary for emergency water removal and to repair the burst.
- Slab Leaks: Slab leaks can cause serious structural problems to your home if not addressed. They can cause cracks in walls and flooring, extensive water damage to the foundation, mildew and mold growth, and raise your water bills significantly. A restoration company can help repair the leak and address any water or mold damages caused by it.
Restoration Company in Gainesville, FL
What makes water restoration companies different from plumbers is the gravity of the situation. Plumbers stop and repair the source of water loss but do not address water damage caused by it. Restoration companies, on the other hand, use advanced equipment to dry, remove and repair water damage as well as mold damage caused by the water source. At Maven Construction Group, we can also bring in a plumber to repair a leak or other water issue if needed and, unlike normal plumber services, the repairs would be covered under your insurance. Contact us today for all your water and mold restoration services.